Hello! I'm Anup Patel, a software engineer with roughly 8 years of total developmental experience. I started my career during high school working on fun projects for myself or freelancing for local businesses. Since then, I have obtained a more in-depth knowledge in programming fundamentals while pursuing my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Arlington.
While a student at Pine Tree High School, I was part of the UIL Computer Science Team and Lead Tech for the Theatre Department. A special program/class was created just for me to assist teachers with formatting their school web-pages.
While obtaining my undergrad degree, I enjoyed being apart of numerous organizations including: Alpha Phi Omega, Delta Epsilon Psi, UTA Volunteers, and Indian Student Association. I also had a job as the Campus Traditions Director for EXCEL Campus Activities.
• Continue the growth of the large Studio Balfour applications which entails numerous
wordpress plugins, angular applications, and react applications.
• While working primarily on front-end, I occasionally interact with API services to send and receive data within our application using PHP as the middleware.
• Technology Consultant that specializes in monitoring, reporting, and analytics.
• Visit client-sites at big-box retailers to understand the functional and business requirements and convert them into a custom software solution.
• Research various big data technologies to help architect and create the best solution for a custom-monitoring big data platform (OMS).
• Led front-end development of OMS to make sure all requirements were met.
• Develop custom PHP driven websites to help promote company life insurance products.
• Develop custom mobile html driven apps and push them to android and apple devices.
• Develop lead-generation tools to help capture targeted traffic to custom platforms.
• Photograph men’s clothing accessories.
• Manage and maintain existing online catalog with thousands of products.
• Implemented new Magento E-Commerce platform with custom template to suit the needs of owners and clients.
• Stay current and up-to-date with current technologies and implement them for new and existing clients.
• Help develop websites and applications by understanding the needs and requirements.
• Have weekly meetings with clients to keep them involved with the process to fix any misunderstandings on the fly.
• Programed and implemented various events and traditions for a body of 35,000 students on campus.
• Created new traditions on campus to help promote university spirit by engaging new and existing students on campus.
• Organized weekly meetings with a committee to discuss and brainstorm ideas that made campus traditions improve with every year.
Skills Learned: Organization, Leadership, Event Coordination, Communication
When I take a minute away from my computer, I have a huge passion for cars! Cars have been a big interest to me ever since the first Fast and Furious came out. I try to attend all of the local car shows/meets when time allows and we can talk about cars all day long if you share the passion! Other than that, I love music (edm, pop, rap, and country), and keeping up with the lastest movies. Traveling is a huge passion as well along with photography.. and when I have any time left, I'll also play Xbox (GTA, Forza, COD).